This quick, easy to make anti-inflammatory turmeric tea recipe is the perfect drink to cozy up with a book. It only requires three simple ingredients for this healthy tea packed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
The main ingredient, turmeric contains curcumin which has been backed by science to have numerous benefits:
- Increase Heart Health: Reduces bad cholesterol
- Has Antibacterial and Antifungal properties
- Decrease Obesity: Regulates body fat by decrease inflammation
- Reduce risk of Diabetes: Regulates blood sugar levels
- Reduce symptoms of osteoporosis: Reduces inflammation
Turmeric can be found in most grocery stores.
For this recipe you will need:
1 tablespoon of grated turmeric
Three tablespoons of lemon juice
One tablespoon of grated ginger
Three cups of water
1. Juice 3 Tbsp of lemon
2. Mix 1 Tbsp of grated ginger, 1 Tbsp of grated turmeric and 3 Tbsp of lemon into a saucepan with 3 cups of water.
3. Simmer the mixture over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes
4. Use a strainer as you pour the turmeric tea into your mug
If you prefer your teas on the sweeter side, add a dash of honey.
And for those of you who are don't have the time to make this and want something to take on the go, our turmeric supplement can provide a daily dose of anti-inflammatory goodness!
Learn more about benefits of Turmeric here.