Good news, fellas! There's a breakfast item you can add to your diet to stimulate testosterone production. The two powerhouse ingredients are steak and eggs.
Steak contains natural iron, which is essential for the formation of hemoglobin, which transports oxygen in the blood. The more oxygen your blood can carry, the higher your resilience for physical stress will be, while also providing increased motor control and improved cognitive function. Eggs offer an additional source of protein that provides amino acids for muscle growth and neurological health. One study found that eating eggs increased subjects' free testosterone levels by 43%.
We also made a video out of this blog in case you are more interested in watching than reading it.
A recent experiment reveals that this testosterone-boosting breakfast can also increase your free testosterone levels by as much as 16% in an hour after eating, which is why it's so important to eat immediately or shortly after waking up.
In the experiment, 17 men between the ages of 18 and 35 were tested to measure their baseline levels of total, free and bioavailable testosterone. Then they ate a meal of steak and eggs. After measuring their hormone levels again, the researchers found that total testosterone remained steady with only slight increases in some men, while others saw massive increases in their free testosterone levels. In some men, total and free testosterone more than doubled.
The spike in free testosterone was measured an hour after the meal, and researchers concluded that if you eat steak and eggs every morning, your body will get used to the increase and adjust your levels accordingly. Not a bad habit for men who are looking for an extra edge in the gym and in their performance at work.
Just make sure to choose carefully what type of steak you buy. Grass-fed beef is the healthiest choice, as it contains more omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed beef. The most important thing is to choose meat that is organic or grass-fed because conventionally raised cattle are given hormones and antibiotics that can affect your hormones. It's also important not to over-cook the meat because steak cooked at too high a temperature contains higher levels of procyanidins, which are known to convert into estrogen. Cooking times marked as medium or well done do not indicate that they will result in higher levels of estrogen. You can reduce the amount of estrogen naturally found in meat by marinating your meat in herbs and spices like rosemary, sage, or thyme before grilling instead of using extra salt and pepper
Benefits for Men
Consuming steak and eggs for breakfast is just one more way to add more testosterone into your diet. It's also a healthier choice than having a meal rich in saturated fat like bacon or sausage. This is because saturated fat raises the serum levels of LDL cholesterol, which is known to impede testosterone production and reduce testosterone levels.
While obtaining adequate protein from meat is important for healthy testosterone production, whole eggs are even more effective because they contain vitamins and minerals that support your endocrine system. As with any dietary change, you should talk to your physician before adding steak and eggs for breakfast to your diet if you have a health condition or are taking medications.
If you're not sure how well this is going to work for you, try it out and be on the lookout for any side effects such as headaches, lethargy, low libido (or lack of desire), or depression that develop while taking it.
What Enhances Testosterone?
1. Steak and Eggs - Red meat is loaded with zinc and zinc is the number one trace mineral that would enhance your testosterone. Those people with zinc deficiency get this condition called hypogonadism. Cholesterol in the egg yolk as well as the cholesterol in the fatty steak are pre-course for making testosterone. Testosterone is the sex hormone and it comes from cholesterol. Anything that will lower cholesterol, will lower testosterone. You don't want to have lean steak but you should have the fattier steak, you can also do hamburgers and just don't do the egg whites, do the yolk and the white together. You can also move this breakfast to lunch. You don't want it for breakfast because eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner adds too many meals in a given day and gonna increase insulin. Steak and eggs are low carbs, insulin resistance lowers testosterone. It is true that insulin can enhance testosterone but what happens when you start to increase insulin over a period of time, insulin becomes dysfunctional it is called insulin resistance so it doesn't work anymore and it lowers your testosterone.
Note: If you can pair those things that destroy testosterone to those things that enhance testosterone. The destroy list is way more important to focus on, those are the things that suppress testosterone.
2. Exercise - It will increase testosterone plus it will also increase other hormones too such as growth hormone, IGF, glucagon.
3. Zinc - Oysters have higher zinc than red meat. Just 3 ounces of oysters will give you about 300% of what your requirements are for zinc. Zinc is in organ meat and red meat, any types of red meat and it is also in nuts like pistachios.
4. Asparagus - It is known not only to increase testosterone but it can increase sperm count so it's really good for fertility. Asparagus is also good for the kidney and having a healthy kidney is essential to having healthy testosterone. The same goes with liver as well and asparagus is loaded with Vitamin E which is considered as a fertility vitamin. It cannot only enhance testosterone but can also increase other sex hormones as well.
5. Dopamine - Has a capacity to influence or trigger testosterone. Testosterone can increase dopamine and dopamine can increase testosterone. One good way to increase dopamine is through dark chocolate, the low-carb dark chocolate. Just make sure if you consume chocolate, have it at the beginning of your day not at night because it can interfere with your sleep.
6. Truffles - Truffles have naturally occurring testosterone so we can have that for the list.
7. Saffron - One of the most expensive spices but it is considered an aphrodisiac that can increase testosterone and libido.